Covid-19 has put our new plans on hold …
We have a new coordinator for this service and had hoped to restart in 2020 but …
Christine Anstice is a retired Psychoanalyst/Pschotherapist who will coordinate our visitors from the beginning of 2020.
Wheathampstead Friends normally run a visiting service for those who have difficulty in getting out and about or who are suffering from loneliness.
Visits can also be arranged to allow a carer to get out and do some shopping or simply have some time off.
The friends are a group of trained volunteers, who will
- Provide help without prejudice
- Visit only with your agreement and in strict confidentiality
- Listen to your concerns and offer support and assistance
- Introduce you to other sources of specific help if appropriate
- Have the knowledge of, and access to, resources which may have the answers to your needs
If you would like a visit, or know someone who would, please fill in the details on the Referral Form.