This service is currently suspended for new referrals.
Wheathampstead Friends run a visiting service for those who have difficulty in getting out and about or who are suffering from loneliness.
Visits can also be arranged to allow a carer to get out and do some shopping or simply have some time off.
The friends are a group of thirty or so trained volunteers, who will
- Provide help without prejudice
- Visit only with your agreement and in strict confidentiality
- Listen to your concerns and offer support and assistance
- Introduce you to other sources of specific help if appropriate
- Have the knowledge of, and access to, resources which may have the answers to your needs
If you would like a visit or know someone who would please fill in the details on the Referral Form.